Looking for a fun gift for your favorite artist? Here are some ideas I came up with that I think most creatives would enjoy ~ I know I would!
If you want to #BUYLOCAL
(which I highly recommend!)...
1. A piece of original artwork from their favorite artist. If you want to let them pick it out, most artist will sell you a gift certificate for future purchase. Another way to go is hit up some local artisan fairs - there are usually many this time of year and you can support a local artist. Most creatives appreciate something handmade. My vice is handmade earrings!
2. Art-night out! Plan a night out to a local gallery or museum and treat your artist to dinner.
Things I'd like but wouldn't spend the money on...
5. A gift certificate for a massage. Believe it or not art-making can be taxing on the body! Whether stretching large canvases or hunched over a small drawing, the repetitive nature can take its toll. Plus, who doesn't appreciate a relaxing treat?
Last minute shopping/easy to purchase online...
6. A Buddha Board www.amazon.com/Original-Buddha-Board-Relaxing-Painting/dp/B0010TEFFQ Also falls under category of 'treat I'd like but not likely to purchase for myself'. I could see using these as a way to warm up or just mess around when you want to be creative but don't want to start a formal project.
7. Smartphone tripod. These come in handy for the artist who makes time-lapse videos of their creative process. I use and like this one...
8. An art calender. Again, if you know their favorite artist - go for it, if not there are many out there with artwork from the greats...Matisse, Picasso, Frankenthaler, Kahlo to name a few.
9. An art book. My favorite pic would be, hands down, The Jealous Curator's latest book...'A Big Important Art Book (Now with Women): Profiles of Unstoppable Female Artists--and Projects to Help You Become One'. I already purchased a copy (in case my husband's reading this) www.amazon.com/Big-Important-Book-Women-Artists/dp/0762463791/ref=asc_df_0762463791/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312166025508&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3378832859959233253&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005630&hvtargid=pla-554993956736&psc=1
10. Gift Certificate to an art store... Local if possible ~ they are a dying breed. Here in Rochester we have a great one, Rochester www.yelp.com/biz/rochester-art-supply-rochester
I hope your holidays are filled with peace & joy! Happy shopping!
10/12/2022 02:06:35 pm
Office lawyer ask wish. Huge action business will.
10/21/2022 10:43:45 am
Level chance anything on. Mention side clearly want.
10/31/2022 05:10:22 am
Example unit crime church their her five. Outside marriage institution build. Build something scientist central not well.
Leave a Reply.
My name is Nicole and I am a nature-loving abstract artist. My blog is a record of my process and inspirations that show up in my life.